I just have to tell you.... (Quicky blog)

I just have to tell you about the gorgeous place I discovered on Monday.

I was meeting a friend in the centre of Manchester for a good catch up and she suggested we visit a place called Home Sweet Home. Sadly I will admit I had never heard of this little gem and I was intrigued to see what they had to offer.

The Home Sweet Home Logo on the menu. Located on Edge Street, Northern Quarter in the center on Manchester.


When I walked in I was greeted by a member of staff at the bar as if I were an old friend (major brownie points from me) and was immediately made to feel welcome. As a person who worked in retail for almost 9 years customer service is a big thing for me and to be greeted in such a way I already knew this was going to be a winner.

I scouted around the Labyrinthine bar looking for my friend, for every turn you made another little private nook and spacious cranny was discovered. At first glance it may look like a single shop front space but I urge you to go and explore, it's more spacious than I imagined. I refer to Home Sweet Home as a bar but calling it such a singular name would not nearly enough do it justice. Home Sweet Home is a bar, coffee shop, restaurant, up market cafe, cocktail bar and even an American style milk bar (minus all the kitch).

On finding my friend we sat down at a pretty, little wooden table with comfy chars and began the difficult decision as to what to have from the menu. We settled on the choc chip cookies and a glass of wine, unconventional I know, but my friend had, had the cookies previously and raved about them.

When ordered my friend and I set to at putting the world to rights. Shortly after a staff member came up to us with profuse apologies saying the first batch of cookies they had made the chef was not 100% happy with so they were making us some more. Now a place that will let you know that they're remaking you food because they weren't happy with the first lot shows me it a good as they're not satisfied with just handing you any old fodder.

When our food promptly arrived soon after I was greeted with a very pleasant site indeed. A small chopping board with 5 fresh from the oven choc chip cookies and an ice cold glass of milk. Oh yes, I was in heaven.

A small chopping board topped with 5 hot and freshly baked choc chip cookies accompanied by an ice cold glass of milk.

Like with many a simple things making it well is tricky, but Home Sweet Home did a superb job. And after a few burnt fingers from too much enthusiasm we were well and truly sated and happy.

Home Sweet Home is located on Edge Street in the Northern Quarter and cannot urge you enough to go visit. I know I will be doing. It has lovely food of which I haven't even began to scratch the surface of and a fantastically friendly atmosphere. Truly worth a look see.

Till next time
Steph x

Comments

  1. Hi,
    I am JAN, the way you explain is one of the best. If you want to do a business then it's also a good and beneficial for have a Best Electric Smoker.
    I am here to tell you about best electric smokers,as you all knows that the manual and normal BarBQ smoker produce a lot of smoke and you can’t used inside the home or even you want Grill during rain. So, I am introducing the best electric smoker which is best from all the ways, also about it’s price.best electric smoker 2021 Cookbooks
    Go and check out after clicking on this link.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If  You Like To Know More About Best Electrical Smokers 2021 Deeply, Then You Can Go On: Best Electrical Smokers 2021

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rhubarb and loquat crumble

The introduction bit